So, yeah, I'm technically on vacation right now. One perk of becoming the assistant manager is that I get personal days and two weeks of paid vacation a year. It took three months for personal time which is accrued at a rate of four hours per month. I don't think this is a heck of a lot of sick days but I guess they figure 6 a year is fair. Sounds like a lot when you say it together but it takes a year just to get them. Fortunately, those roll over to the next year. However, it took six months for the vacation time to kick in. They have those accrue at an accelerated rate. Here's the conundrum: because of when I started as assistant (April), my vacation accrual time didn't start until November, one of two blackout months. Despite this problem, I have to take at last a week of my vacation time or I lose it. I can only carry over 40 hours of vacation time because of when I started. Well, hell, I'm not losing that! So, here I am, writing to you.
Actually, the timing is good. I need a week's recuperation and time away from the store. And Lord knows that despite the stress, I need to be dragged away from the place. Heck, I've already done some work this week for the place because I have an impending book fair and the person only just contacted me via email this week. What am I doing with my time? Sleeping and finally getting the house organized! On Monday I did errands and worked on the bedroom. Yesterday, I cleaned my office and the bathroom. Today I start on the kitchen. That's gonna be a two day job, I think. Depends. I think most of what is in the kitchen is books but I'll see. Washed some of the dishes this morning and put the clean clothes away. All the dirty stuff is now in the baskets instead of on the floor. So, I'm off to a good start.
Mike has turned me into quite the little domestic. lol Yeah, right. He's almost as bad as I am about doing stuff. His capacity to ignore things is amazing. I hit a point where I can't stand it any more. Actually, that point came a loooong time ago but since I didn't have time to do anything about it. . .I suffered in grumpiness. I doubt the spare bedroom will get done this week but at least we'll be able to use our kitchen and living room as they were meant to be used and not as storage spaces. Then we'll actually be able to have people over! No one has seen the place except for the people who helped us move.
Well, I best get to it then. I'll keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment