Sunday, April 27, 2008

One of Those Days

Yesterday was not the best of days. Oh, it started out well enough but by the end of it I had a headache and just wanted to sleep. Michael went with me to my last class cause we planned to spend the day together not doing anything serious. Just us bonding time. Class went well and we stopped home afterward so I could look for some things to take shopping with us. We planned to mainly window shop but I had some coupons for "just in case" and everything. Well, he felt blech so he ended up falling asleep. That was ok cause a thunderstorm had moved in and my brain was feeling fuzzy too.

When he woke up, we decided to grab a pizza at the local Greek restaurant because I think it's better than any of the chains. It was only 3:30p so the place was deserted. Well, that and because of the Kenny Chesney concert. People had been lined up for the 8p show at 9a!! Anyway, "dinner" was nice and we went to Lowe's to get a steam washer. Not for carpet (as we have only one rug in the living room), but for cleaning in general. Michael thinks that will be a good way for me to get all the nooks and crannies that drive me nuts. Plus be able to avoid getting sick every time I clean the bathroom because of the cleaning fumes. Even with the fan on, I sneeze forever and get congestion. It's a good idea and the thing works well (Michael had to test it out of course).

So, this is all decent, right? Yup. At least until Blockbuster. We decided on movies easily enough but he got grumpy at me for wanting to rent some episodes of "Bridezillas". I'd watched clips online but no full episodes and was just in the mood for something amusing. Michael just sees it as irritating. Well, hell, it was a free rental so whatever. But that wasn't the main problem. Nope. . .we get back outside to his truck and realize that it won't start. Oh, something is spinning inside but no ignition. Michael says that the engine isn't getting any fuel. His truck has been making noises for a while but, of course, he's ignored it. (sigh) Well, the clincher is that he'd left his cell phone at home to charge and I'd left my bag at home so we were phone less. Jonathan would have been getting off work at that time (and, in fact, ironically enough was calling the house at the time we realized all this) but we couldn't remember his number.

What to do? Not call a tow truck because Michael wants to see what his work wants to do about it (he's due for a new vehicle soon). And not leave it right in front of the store. Nope, let's back up the truck into the space behind us. Sounded simple enough. You would think. No, apparently I can't drive. The parking lot was slanted just enough that Michael could push the truck backwards. Problem #1: I was worried he would hurt himself. Problem #2: I was worried I would hit one of the cars behind us. Problem #3: I am not used to his truck. Granted, his truck isn't much longer than my car and I have driven it, but the feel is different to me. Combine all of these things with difficulty steering because the tires don't move as well as when the engine is running and you have a recipe for fubar'dness. (sigh) Needless to say, we get backed up but I end up putting us to where we were taking up two spaces. So forward we go. A car pulls in and instead of speaking to the guy, Michael lets him go into Blockbuster. So, now we have someone directly behind us and I have to try and angle his truck between two cars. Yup, almost hit one. Didn't though.

So, Michael has an alpha male blow up (which is rare for him) and I get yelled out. Yup, he finally sounds like one of the men in my family. Took him over two years but he succeeded admirably. It was a good rant about how I don't know how to drive and he's going to have to teach me blah blah. Granted, he was frustrated and pushing the truck was hard but, yeah, that really helped the situation. Short end was it took two more tries for me to be able to get the truck into a space in a way that satisfied Michael. After that? We walked the 2.1 miles to our house. Not that bad a walk and the weather was nice but halfway is very busy road with nothing to call a sidewalk. Fun.

Michael apologized and tried to be chipper going home. Me? I just wanted to get my car, get back to pick up stuff, and stay home. By the time we got home, I had a splitting headache. I came into my office and saw Jon had called so I talked with him while Michael tried out the washer. Then Michael comes in while I was setting up the hairstyle poll and slideshow on the wedding blog and gets frustrated at me because I wanted to read directions on how to do it rather than let him walk me through the steps via google. I gave in and it went well but then he was "helping" me by reading over my shoulder and correcting my phrasing as I wrote the entry (I originally didn't have an and between girlie and frivolous) which only set my teeth on edge so I closed out the browser and tossed my keyboard aside. Mature of me, I know. But I write on here like I speak/think instead of going for "proper" phrasing. I'm not writing an academic analysis here! Sheesh He went off to his office and I read some articles and played some games. By 10p I was tired and wanted to watch a "Bridezilla" episode but the DVD won't work in my computer for some reason. So, I just gave up, took my shower, and went to bed by 10:45p. Michael joined me at some point and snuggled up (which was nice) but he kept twitching and then woke me up for snoring. Plus, I was hot from it being too warm in the house. So, I took my pillow and went to the couch cause I could tell it would be one of those nights (of waking up a gazillion time) if I didn't.

I slept pretty well, hence me being up this early to write. I'm feeling tired again so I may go back to sleep. Hopefully today will be a better day throughout. (sigh)

No comments: