Ok, so you want to know what I have been doing since the slumber party that has kept me too busy to write? Well, working, of course.
Tony (manager) was gone for almost two weeks because he had vacation and then ended up with strep throat. Don't know what the relationship is of the two things but it meant getting extra hours. Plus teaching. So, June was a very hectic month. I did have a small break two weekends ago and went up to Charlotte to hang with Mary and Kyle. After lunch, Mary and I went to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith and it was better than I expected. I expected it to be like The War of The Roses (with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner) but it wasn't. It was so much better than that. Good dialogue. Plot is a bit thin but it doesn't have to have a lot to it for the kind of movie that it is. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt definitely have chemistry together. They did a great job. Good boost for their careers. Glad to see that the hoopla about the offscreen stuff hasn't hurt the movie because it really is worth the time and money.
Afterward I wandered around one of the malls to kill time until Kyle got off from work or Chris was home to meet me. (Ok, I should note this for people now. . .this is Kyle #2, the southern Kyle, not to be mistaken for Kyle #1, the northern Kyle I grew up with. And Chris is Kyle's bf.) Got to their house and later we went to dinner at one of their friend's houses. That was a nice dinner. Very comfy and friendly. Very relaxing. I ended up driving home cause Kyle and Chris felt free to have beers. They probably could have driven home but this was safer. Of course, next time, I'm driving anyway cause I hate driving Kyle's jeep. lol
The next day Kyle and I (and a friend of his. . .I so suck at names) went to lunch and to see The Longest Yard. That was pretty decent too. Really want to see the original with Burt Reynolds now. Loved him when I was growing up and I can so see him chewing up the scenery in the movie. I bought the soundtrack and it's pretty decent if you like rap. Makes me get the urge to turn up the bass in my car. lol
And that was pretty much it for the time off. I've been working since then and been tired. But I am catching up on rest and cleaning. So, that's all good. If anything exciting happens or I have any thoughts for y'all, I'll write again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment